See recording of service here.
Orphans live with much fear. Even when cared for, they may hoard. We are not much different with our panic buying. Or we feel afraid deep down.
1. What do I fear? (...as I read the news? Think of the future? When I am bored)
2. Consider the reality that we belong in God's family. For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God.
Romans 8:14 NLT
if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.
Romans 8:17 ESV
We cry out
Amid crisis and suffering, our simple response as a child of God is to cry out to God: Father! We hold on to God just like when we fell down and scraped our knee.
We share in Christ's suffering
In our pain, Christ accompanies us in suffering. As a human he is deeply acquainted with pain. His presence grows within us in our suffering.
We share in Christ's glory
Just as we live the crucified life, with Christ we live the resurrected life.
This is what we can declare: For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.
Romans 8:18 ESV
Reflect personally. Share with Bible reading group
1. Are we feeling poor, isolated, distanced and disconnected from God?
We may fear...
Children getting sick
Loss of WiFi
2. Cry out to God.
Mourn all the things we cannot do in this time.
Mourn the grief and sadness.
Then declare the current reality of Romans 8:18
3. Consider the future glory and greater good.
Meditate on Romans 8:28.
- Carry out small acts of faith in home
- read about the new creation
- what purpose calls out to us?
Lord, what are "the things we can work together for good"?
~~ Notes and reflection courtesy of Alvin Ung ~~